Meg in Sasebo!

Monday, August 14, 2006



Sooo… Sunday I slept in a bit (well not technically – I just stayed in bed and watched Lost! Love it now!). But then Neale and I drove to Hirado – an island a little up north from us (about an hour away) to go to the beach. The drive was really pretty – everything is so green here! And we drove by many rice fields and tea farms. It’s such a mix of things as well – there are pine trees, palm trees, etc. So it’s a really neat drive. I also drove through a town that my friend Shannon from Ottawa lives in – so at least now I know where it is and that it is not very far from me. We went for lunch first for Hirado’s famous noodles, then headed to Neshiko Beach. It was really nice (see the pictures below)…although I’m a little bit of a snob – Everyone was ranting and raving about how nice it was – but I couldn’t help thinking that the beaches in Australia and Hawaii were much better! But nonetheless…it was a really nice day out. The water was nice and warm, although all the other people got stung by some sort of creature….not a jellyfish, something smaller and invisible. A little creepy. After we hung out there, I just drove home – I was a little nervous about the drive home by myself (Neale decided to stay the night and take a vacation day), but I was not sure if I would remember the way back! But it was just straight down the highway – and right to my house! Anyways – that was the rest of my weekend! Not too much else – hope all is well with everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home